It’s likely that your brew tubing won’t be stocked in the exact length you need, so you’ll have to cut it. Scissors may fit the bill for softer tubing materials, but they won’t work well with rigid or reinforced tubing. And let’s talk safety here: There’s a big advantage to using a proper cutting tool and not an open blade like a box cutter or a utility blade or, heaven forbid, a plain old razor blade.
The best and safest way to cut tubing is with a tool made just to cut tubing. BrewSavor stocks two sizes: one for tubing up to 5/8” O.D. and another for sizes up to 1-1/2” O.D. Both styles are lightweight, compact and durable, and the blade can be replaced on the larger cutter.
Easycut Plastic Tubing & Hose Cutter
Minicut Plastic Tubing & Hose Cutter
- Cuts up to 5/8” O.D. soft or semi-rigid tubing
- Made of durable, lightweight polypropylene with a steel blade
- Cuts quickly and cleanly without distortion or burring
- Use for proper crimping of Oetiker® clamps
- Two styles available
- Standard Jaw Pincer – 3/8” jaw width.
- Side Jaw Pincer – allows clamps to be applied or removed in confined areas with pincers held parallel to the hose. It may also be used like Standard Jaw Pincers. ¾” jaw width.