- Able to resist extreme temperature variation: -99°F to 350°F
- Listed by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF-51) for food equipment materials
- Raw materials meet FDA requirements for use with food contact surfaces
- Open mesh polyester braiding is incorporated within the walls of silicone for increased pressure capabilities over similarly sized unreinforced silicone tubing
- Reusable and will withstand repeated sterilization*
- Translucent natural color for visual contact with flow
- Odorless, tasteless and inert
- Free of BPA and phthalates
- Made in the USA with solar power
The flexible design and construction of Silbrade allows excellent bend radii and permits installation in restricted spaces without impeding flow. Silbrade, a peroxide-cured product, contains no sulphur or other acid-producing chemicals, thereby eliminating the possibility of staining, corroding or deteriorating other materials it contacts. A platinum-cured version is available for an even higher degree of purity. Care is recommended in the selection of fittings and clamps, as sharp barbed fittings or unlined metal clamps could tear into the hose wall and cause failure, especially at elevated pressures.
*Silbrade may be low-pressure steam sterilized in-line or autoclaved at up to 250°F in a normal autoclaving cycle. However, if exposed to repeated steam sterilization or long-term high temperature or pressure, silicone will eventually relax and become gummy. It should then be replaced. Silbrade is not recommended for continuous steam applications.
Hardness, Shore A ±5, Liner: 70
Hardness, Shore A ±5, Cover: 60
Tensile Strength: 1460 psi
Elongation at Break: 320%
Tear Resistance, Die B: 100 ppi
Modulus at 100%: 415 psi
Brittle Temperature: -99°F
Maximum Operating Temperature: 350°F
**Values listed are typical for the material used in manufacture, except where noted, and are meant only as a guide to aid in design. Field testing should be performed to find the actual values for your application.
^ = Limited stock item; lead times and minimums may apply --call for details.