- Contains an antimicrobial ingredient throughout the tubing, not only on an inside liner like other products, to guard against various beer spoilers and bacteria
- Made from non-toxic ingredients conforming to FDA standards
- Free of phthalates
- Listed by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF-51) for food equipment materials
- Transparent for visual flow contact with the beer flow
- Well suited for food and beverage applications, including beer and alcoholic beverages up to 20% ABV, non-fatty aqueous and milk
Clearflo Ag-47 is engineered to protect your beer and other beverages from harmful bacteria. It’s manufactured from a clear, flexible, Shore A74, phthalate-free compound with the addition of antimicrobial protection. The active ingredients in Clearflo Ag-47 have no detrimental effect on yeasts used for brewing.
The tubing’s antimicrobial technology is especially effective where there is infrequent use of fluids in warm or humid conditions and the tubing has no opportunity to dry thoroughly between uses. The antimicrobial properties protect the tubing and your beer from organisms that can cause growth-based discoloration and odors. Testing has proven that the active ingredients neutralize bacteria rapidly, and because the ingredients do not dissipate with use, they can be expected to offer protection for an extended time under normal conditions. Clearflo Ag-47 offers antibacterial performance to ISO 22196:2011.
Unlike some products, Clearflo Ag-47 is 100% protected with the effective additive, which is present throughout the tube and not only on a liner, for protection on all surfaces. This is important in applications where the tubing is submerged or dipped into beer or another fluid or if any surface of the tubing is cut or becomes compromised. Tubing products that offer only a liner layer of antimicrobial protection risk the liner separating from the cover. And if the antimicrobial layer is cut, the tubing under that cut becomes susceptible to bacteria growth. This can occur at the fitting.
Hardness, Shore A ±5: 74
Operating Temperature Range: -40°F to 125°F
**Values listed are typical for the material used in manufacture, except where noted, and are meant only as a guide to aid in design. Field testing should be performed to find the actual values for your application.