SPEEDING UP OUR RENOVATIONS February 26, 2021
As an Operation Warp Speed (OWS) participant, renovations at both our headquarters in Southampton, PA, and our additional manufacturing site in Warrington, PA, are moving full speed ahead. Demolition phases are completed and construction is underway.
Both buildings will house new clean rooms. The space at Southampton will be used for AdvantaPure® silicone molding and Single-Use tubing assemblies, while Warrington will accommodate the manufacture of silicone tubing and braid reinforced hose, as well as AdvantaFlex® biopharmaceutical grade TPE tubing.
Before we disassembled an old office area at the Warrington facility, we invited the local fire department to tour the building and use the space for drills. The department’s volunteer fire fighters performed several mock rescues and practiced breaking through a cinderblock wall to form an escape route. We were happy to provide this opportunity to the men and women who volunteer to protect our communities.
Support beams for a clean room mezzanine area are now in place at Warrington, and the placement of utility lines will soon begin. Walls, ceilings, and floors will follow.
Our contractors are working quickly yet, of course, safely, and progress is made every day. The teams understand the importance of the products that will be manufactured in these renovated sites as much as we do – COVID-19 vaccines are made in processes that use our tubing and Single-Use assemblies.
If you have questions about our renovation plans or how OWS may affect your orders, our staff is available. Call us at 215-526-2300 or contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WORKING TOWARD INCREASED MANUFACTURING CAPACITY February 09, 2021
It’s a fact: The COVID-19 virus has, in one way or another, affected everyone in the world. Even in the few South Pacific island countries with no reported cases, life has changed. Borders are closed and economies are stalled.
NewAge’s role in the battle against this relentless virus has necessitated adjustments regarding how we conduct business. Many team members not involved with manufacturing, packaging, inspecting, and shipping our silicone, TPE, and plastic tubing products are working remotely. Those who are here are, of course, wearing masks, social distancing, embracing extra cleaning procedures, and keeping sanitary conditions top of mind. All team members are periodically tested for the virus, and many are now on waiting lists for vaccination appointments.
We are fully committed to increasing our manufacturing capacities and improving lead times. Plans have been underway since last year and include:
- Expanding the number of manufacturing clean rooms at our headquarters in Southampton, PA, by renovating warehouse and office space; we’re working with AES Clean Technology, a leader in clean room design and construction and the company that managed our 2018 clean room expansion project
- Continuing to speed renovations at our additional facility in nearby Warrington, PA, purchased in May 2020; Genesis AEC is administering this large undertaking
- Ordering manufacturing equipment such as injection molding presses, mills, and extruders well ahead of their anticipated need so that we can move forward with installations and validations as soon as building renovations are completed
- Hiring additional team members; NewAge has increased its staff by 20% over the past ten months with most new positions in Manufacturing and Assembly, roles dedicated to increasing our product output
NewAge is investing $20 million into the two renovation projects and continuing to onboard more employees to fill the new jobs being created.
We are continuing our participation in Operation Warp Speed (OWS), a government mandated program initiated to accelerate the development, manufacture, and distribution of COVID-19 vaccines. Read more about OWS in our January 21, 2021, post below.
If you have questions about how our plans or OWS may affect your orders, our staff is available and ready to help. Call us at 215-526-2200 or contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.
OUR INVOLVEMENT IN OPERATION WARP SPEED January 21, 2021
NewAge Industries continues its commitment to advance the battle against COVID-19 and to keep our team members safe and healthy.
What is Operation Warp Speed?
Operation Warp Speed (OWS) is a public-private partnership initiated to facilitate and accelerate the development, manufacture, and distribution of COVID-19 vaccines, therapeutics, and diagnostics. OWS was introduced in April 2020 following the U.S. Congress’s allocation of nearly $10 billion for the program through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, with $6.5 billion designated for countermeasure development through BARDA (Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority) and $3 billion for NIH (National Institute of Health) research.
What are our requirements under OWS?
By government mandate, incoming orders received from contracted companies for OWS-related projects, such as those involving vaccine production, are rated as priority and take precedence over all other orders for similar products. This includes orders that may have already been booked, scheduled, and given promised ship dates but are not rated under OWS.
How are we handling non-OWS orders?
Product manufacturing continues for orders not involved with OWS. Team members are working extended hours to keep our extrusion lines running and assembly jobs in process while we remain committed to product quality.
How are we ensuring that our work continues?
Team members continue to take the same precautions they have been following since the pandemic was declared, as well as additional protective measures:
- Masks are worn and social distancing is practiced
- Temperatures are checked and health questions are self-administered daily at kiosks
- On-site COVID-19 testing for all team members, including those participating in telework activities, is conducted regularly
- Team members self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and are instructed to remain at home if symptoms develop
- Surface disinfecting and cleaning of common areas is conducted both during the day and at night by custodial staff
- Wipes and disinfecting solution are placed throughout the building for team members’ use in cleaning their individual work areas
- Team members also wipe down any public surfaces (kitchen counters, appliances, tables, etc.) after use
- Frequent hand washing is encouraged, and hand sanitizer can be found throughout the building
CUSTOMER NOTIFICATION March 13, 2020
To: Our Valued Customers
As the fluidity of this situation moves at break-neck speed, we feel impelled to communicate to you the efforts NewAge Industries has instituted to protect our team members and their uninterrupted efforts to supply you, our valued customers, with the product and services you need to achieve your business goals. NewAge has instituted several temporary policies effective immediately:
- Suspension of all international travel until further notice
- Limited all domestic travel to instances of critical need; must be approved by a director of the organization
- Visitors to our facilities are limited to deliveries of essential supplies and services and meetings of critical need. Visitors coming to NewAge facilities must fill out a questionnaire and submit it three days prior to arrival. Approval will be determined by a company director.
- Team members are being asked to strongly consider conducting all customer and supplier meetings and training via virtual meeting technologies like Zoom whenever possible
- NewAge has purchased additional equipment and bandwidth to enable a larger, multi-departmental segment of the team to work remotely should future conditions dictate
Our supply chains continue to report stable conditions for raw materials within their networks. We will continue to conduct frequent, short-term mitigation strategy meetings as this situation changes. We are committed to continue to implement policy changes as needed to protect the health and safety of our team members, while realizing the importance of servicing your critical fluid transfer needs.